The Department is governed by the University Regulation and is run by its General Assembly that comprises all academic staff and students’ representatives. The General Assembly is the top administrative and academic decision making body of the Department and is chaired by the Head of Department, who is elected for a two-year term. Professor Theodoros Mariolis is currently Head of our Department. Vice-Head of our Department is currently Associate Professor Angelos Bolos.
Undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate studies are subject to their respective Regulations. Furthermore, graduate courses are coordinated and overseen by the Graduate Courses Coordinating Committee (currently chaired by Associate Prof. A. Chanos. Members: Prof. Polyxeni Papadaki, Associate Prof. Angelos Bolos, Assistant Prof. Evangelia Balta, Assistant Prof. Lambros Babalioutas).
The Department comprises three Units, which organize and coordinate teaching of the individual undergraduate courses within their respective domains. The Units are structured as follows:
UNIT OF LAW
Kriari – Catranis, Ismini / Professor
Moustakas, Meletios / Professor
Bolos, Angelos / Associate Professor
Moukiou, Chrysoula / Associate Professor
Papadaki, Polyxeni / Associate Professor
Christopoulou, Christina / Assistant Professor
Milionis, Nikolaos / Assistant Professor
Panagopoulou, Fereniki / Assistant Professor
Voglis, Eleftherios / Assistant Professor
- General Theory of the State & Constitutional Law. Indicative sub-areas: Definition of the State and its Conceptual Elements, State Theories, Structure and Forms of the State, organizational Basis of Greek State, Parliamentary and Electoral law, President of the Greek Republic, Fundamental Rights.
- Administrative Law. Indicative sub-areas: Legal sources of Administrative Law, General Principles of Administrative Law, Forms of Administrative Action, Structure and Organization Public Administration, administrative and judicial Review of the public administrative action, Administrative Justice, Constitutional Litigation, Public Servants’ Law.
- Economy and Public Administrative Law, Indicative sub-areas: Financial Activity of the State (Constitutional and European legal frame), Law of Public Contracts, Law of State’ s Liability for damages, Law of Public Companies, Law of Public Property, Issues of Law and Economy, Transparency in public financial Activity.
- Special Issues of Public Law: Indicative sub-areas: Public Accounting Law, State’s Budget Law, European and domestic Fiscal Law, European and domestic Public Accounting and Budget Law, Environmental and Planning Law, Personal Data protection in Public Administration, Law and Technology, Bioethics and Constitution.
- International Public Law, Indicative sub-areas, Legal Sources, Primary and Secondary Sources, Vienna Convention on International Conventions, Law of the International Organizations.
- EU Law, Indicative sub-areas: Form, evolution and structure of the EU, EU’s institutional Bodies, EU’s primary and secondary Law, Area of freedom, security and justice, EU policies, Free movement of persons, goods, capitals, services.
- Theory of Law. Indicative sub-areas: definition of the legal norm, legal reasoning, legal interpretation.
- Civil Law, Commercial Law and Banking Law. Indicative sub-areas: General Principles of Civil Law, Law of Obligations, Property Law, Company Law, Banking and Securities Law, Negotiable Instruments.
UNIT OF ECONOMICS
Filos, John / Professor
Karavitis, Nikolaos / Professor
Mariolis, Theodore / Professor
Petrakos, Georgeios / Associate Professor
Daskalakis, Nikolaos / Assistant Professor
- Economic Theory. Indicative sub-areas: Microeconomic Theory, Macroeconomic Theory, Theory of Economic Growth and Development, Money Theory, Theory of Economic Systems and Theory of Economic Integration.
- Economic Policy: Indicative sub-areas: Fiscal policy, Theory of Economic Policy, Economic Policy Practice, Greek Economy Analysis and Monetary Policy, Public Finance, Theory of State and Fiscal Policy.
- Economics and Mathematics: Indicative sub-areas: Quantitative methods, Economic mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics.
- Accounting and Finance: Indicative sub-areas: Financial Accounting, Financial Statement Analysis, Auditing, Financial Management, Portfolio Theory.
UNIT OF ADMINISTRATION
Contiades, Xenophon / Professor
Kefis, Vasilios / Professor
Ktistaki, Stavroula / Professor
Babalioutas, Lambros / Assistant Professor
Balta, Evangelia / Assistant Professor
Papazoglou, Emilia / Lecturer
Spiros Polimeris (EDIP)
- Administrative Planning – Introduction to Administrative Sciences (Principles of Administration and Organization).
- Public policy.
- Personnel management.
- Managerial leadership.
- Public administration control.
- Comparative analysis of administrative systems.
- Organization and business management.
- Social administration.
- Management of cultural institutions.
- Information technology in public administration.
- History of public administration.
- Regulation of urban and spatial planning.